View all jobs
Carrier Manager - Shipping & LogisticsAustin, TX · Sales
Carrier Manager - Shipping & Logistics
If you are interested, please apply to the online posting and an Executive Recruiter will reach out to you directly if you meet the requirements.
Our client is a fast growing technology start-up out of California that is revolutionizing the logistics/freight industry.
With current growth over 200% per year, our client is expanding and looking for someone who is hungry, motivated, and has a passion for being part of start-up success.
Ideal candidates are energetic, possess a strong work ethic, comfortable on the phone, and are eager to advance in the organization.
- 3+ Years in a Carrier Manager role within the Shipping/Logistics Industry
- Proven track record of success
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or related fields
- Experience working in the transportation, supply chain or related industries, with sales, account management, business development or consulting experiences being a strong plus
- Experience working with large cross-functional teams, influencing more than $10MM yearly operating costs
- Experience leading and mentoring medium to large sized teams
- Must have a start-up company mindset
- Majority of time is spent negotiating long term contract market commitments with carriers, including prospecting and cold calling.
- Track and trace Carriers hauling Customers’ freight to ensure on-time performance.
- Actively prospect and recruit new Carriers.
- Match quality Carriers to Customers’ available freight at competitive pricing using internal and external market data.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Communicate all information (delays, re-routes, additional charges) between the Carrier and Customer.
- Convert emerging relationships into repeat business. Develop carrier relationships and contacts at multiple levels.
- Knowledgeable of quality requirements of Suppliers and Customers.
- Regular attendance and all other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Base Salary (Negotiable) + Uncapped Commissions (Negotiable)
- Full Healthcare Benefits
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Potential Equity Share
- Work remotely