My client has an incredible ground floor opportunity in the data technology industry and seeking a proven Director of Pre-Sales Engineers.
The Director of Pre-Sales role reports directly to the head of the Business Unit and manages a team of pre-sales engineers, who serve as technical product experts. The team works with regional sales managers on significant sales opportunities, performing activities such as delivering product demos, preparing RFP responses, assisting in sales presentations, and generating quotes.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Day to day management of the pre-sales team providing support and guidance in the performance of their duties
- Annual management activities such as performance assessments, merit reviews and definition and validation of objectives.
- Development of the team, identifying skills gaps and coordinating training to address those gaps
- Provision of necessary product training for the regional sales managers and channel partners
- Collaboration with sales directors on regional strategy for specific markets
- Engagement with Product Management on prioritization and communication of the product roadmap
- Engagement with Product Marketing on the development and execution of effective marketing campaign
- A minimum of 10+ years of related industry experience with at least 5+ years in Presales capacity for technology products or enterprise solution
- Experience with leading of geographically distributed teams with at least 10+ engineers
- Experience in data management to relate to customer's challenges
- Strong data-related technical understanding of typical customer's environment - APIs, Databases, ETL, Reporting tools, BigData, machine learning, cloud.
- Hands on experience responding to technical RFPs including technology, IT, security and compliance questions.
- Troubleshooting and log investigation.
- Troubleshooting integration issues across multiple applications / technologies.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.